10.08.2010

Who needs free time? Not I!

Okay, so I'm taking nineteen hours this semester, and I, until a week or so ago, haven't begun to feel overwhelmed. Yeah, I hear you: "If you're not feeling stressed or overwhelmed, then you're not taking the right classes!" Think again. I'm an English major, and so that means I have to take many classes where I have to write, and it's not always the funnest thing to do on a Saturday night. Sure, after a while the cramping in your hand from all the writing and typing becomes a dull ache, but that's only one of the few perks. Now, all my classes are basically abck-to-back-to-back, so I was expecting some type of rushed feeling when given an assignment. Nope, not at first. But just as I was getting a little disappointed in my classes, BOOM! The freight train hit. Now, I've got three papers and a presentation due within a few days of each other, I've got CRP's and exams coming at me from every which-a-way, and I've barely got time to breathe before I have to get to another class. Whereas I was longing for a little business a few weeks ago, I'm not struggling to fit in little things, like sleeping, eating, and showering. It's like that old addage goes, "Be careful what you wish for!"

No comments:

Post a Comment